Our Intro to Suzuki Class is a great introduction for new families to our program. Required for all young beginners, the class will guide families on a positive Suzuki experience. We have revised the format of this class to meet the needs of our families and the ever changing guidelines for our pandemic world. Please email our Director, Mark Mutter at mmutter@smaofmichigan to sign up.
This is a 4 part class for all parents/guardians of students that wish to enroll in the Academy. This four part class is designed for you to complete at your own pace. You will receive a link to the Google Classroom when you let Mr. Mutter know you are ready to start. The Twinkle Rhythm videos feature our SMA teachers. They are an interactive experience for you and your child.
Parents will need to purchase the book, Beyond The Music Lesson by Christine Goodner and read it before the first class.
- Introduction to the Suzuki Method
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 1, 2, 3
- Twinkle Rhythms A and B
- Overview of Suzuki Music Academy
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 5 and 6
- Twinkle Rhythms C and D
- Next Steps to Enrollment
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 7 and 8
- Twinkle Rhythm E
- Setting up teacher interviews and lessons
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 9, 10, 11
- Twinkle Review and Practice Specifics